Chlorine Gas is used as the primary means of disinfection of drinking (potable) water at many Water Treatment Works in the UK.
In 2009, Sheers were appointed as Designer and Principal Contractor (under CDM Regulations) to design, supply and install a new chlorine gas system for a large water treatment works in the North East of England.
The scope of the project included:
- Decommissioning of existing bulk chlorine storage facility.
- Design and supply of a temporary Sodium Hypochlorite dosing and control system.
- Provision of a new chlorine drum store.
- Supply and Installation of drum support cradles and drum handling system.
- Supply and Installation of integrated heating and ventilation system, including an emergency chlorine scrubber.
- Provision of emergency shutdown systems (ROSOV)
- Provision of gas leak detection and security systems.
- Supply and installation of chlorine gas dosing and control system.
- Supply and install of Point of Application Dosing Systems.
- Integration of the new equipment and PLC controllers into the works SCADA system.
- Installation of several hundred metres of cross site service duct, pipework and cabling.
- Testing, Commissioning and Operator Training.
Sheers are one of the few companies in the UK with the specialist expertise and experience required to successfully manage chlorine gas installation projects and would be delighted to discuss your requirements with you.
Please feel free to contact us via the CONTACT link at the top of this page, or by calling us on 01325 353337 and asking to speak to Paul Rogers or Roy Warren.